Need A Certificate Or Report FAST? Same Day Emailed Certificate?
Having over 28 years Electrical Testing experience, means that a lot of DIY and bad workmanship has been seen in Leeds and other areas in this time. Unfortunately this is getting worse in Leeds and Bradford rather than better.
As a trusted, reliable Electrician in Leeds, Simon Barker will carry out your Electrical Safety Checks, also known commonly as Landlord Electrical Safety Inspections or (the official terminology) Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICRs). These are for Domestic, Commercial or Industrial premises. (Some still refer to the old terminology Periodic Inspection Report!). This is a certificate for Electrical safety purposes. For home owners, tenants, hotels and landlords alike. The report gives peace of mind, or (if unsatisfactory) will give you a crystal celar idea of what you need to do to get your wiring up to scratch (whether it is something dangerous, or just a recommendation based on the recent changes in regulations). The importance is classed within a relevant code.
If you are ready to book your EICR now, then just click the image below to go to the booking form:
While it is not yet a legal requirement to have a Landlords Electrical Safety Certificate (or EICR), it comes down to a case of if anything happens, proving that you have done everything ‘reasonably practicable’ (as stated in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1971) to ensure that risks are lowered for tenants, occupiers, etc. In addition, many Estate Agents, Solicitors and Insurance Companies insist on this being done. As a Landlord in Leeds, you know that safety is important, and also you have peace of mind that you are covered, should any issues arise.
So it is not surprising that Simon Barker (as a landlord himself!) does a very detailed Electrical Safety Check to find all faults possible, so that you can sleep safely at night. The Electrical Inspection Report takes an average of 2-3 hours to do correctly (so beware if yours was done in an hour!), and covers the following aspects (amongst others):
- Condition of copper in the complete wiring of all circuits (including that which cannot be seen!)
- Condition of the insulation of all circuits (to ensure it is not deteriorating to an unacceptable level)
- Ensure that ring mains circuits are wired correctly (this is usually not when this has been DIY’ed!)
- Earthing and Bonding of Gas and Water supplies are adequate and terminated at correct place
- There are no signs of overheating (i.e. fire hazards)
- No overloading or incorrect use of accessories
- Correct accessories for the environment it is installed in
- Correct protection
- Use of RCDs and the sensitivity level of these (they deteriorate over time so should be checked)
- Many other checks to ensure compliance with the Electrical Wiring Regulations BS7671
ALL our Landlord Electrical Condition Reports (ECR) certificates are printed and emailed the same day (or posted if you wish) AND kept securely backed up on our online backup so that we can re-send it if you lose your copy. We do not charge to re-issue a certificate and you can request another copy whenever you wish. Not a problem.
Need a QUICK TURNAROUND on Electrical Testing Certificates in Leeds?