Job Title: Electrician
Salary & Benefits: £25,000 – £27,000 + 23 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
HELP! “Super Hero” Electrician required….!!!
We are on a mission to turn things around when it comes to serving people with Electrical work! We are the best team of local Electrical Superstars and we need to find someone like you to help us with the day to day task of carrying out the work as well as gaining and impressing customers. (I know what you are thinking… what on earth does electrical superstars mean?!).
Well, our team of “electrical superstars” visit homes, offices, shops and factories around Leeds (and further afield occasionally) to impress customers with our high standards of communication, ability, knowledge, cleanliness and after care. We get to know all about our customers (and them about us) and build rapport and keep in touch with them, which also gains referrals and repeat work! We even have some simple magic tricks for the kids to enjoy! Everything is about showing the customers, young and old, that there are some great Electricians out there …. And that we can do this consistently as part of our culture and belief, which our systems and processes are set up to follow.
So where do you fit into this as an Electrician? Due to rapid expansion our team is growing so we need someone like you who can take care of things out on the road, either on your own or as part of the team.
One of your most important roles will be speaking to your assigned customers on the phone (or by email) who are enquiring about jobs and follow-up actions from previous jobs, so it will be critical that you learn how we handle that. Also ensuring that you are completely professional, yet engaging and rapport building at all times. You need to provide the positivity to the customer’s day and blow them away in amazement every step of the way.
You’ll be working closely with the founder of the business and other electricians to assist with the following:
• Dealing with Customers, Colleagues and Suppliers positively at all times
• Quoting on site using our IT solutions to do this quickly and easily
• Following up your assigned customers and booking them in your calendar
• Documenting work carried out, and use of IT solutions and mobile/tablet devices for many of these tasks
• Electrical Inspection Reports (ECRs) as ESC Best Practice Guides (as well as BS7671)
• PAT Testing of 110V-240V and 3 Phase appliances
• Fault Finding of Domestic Installations, Commercial/Office Equipment and Installations and Industrial Installations or Machinery (Some of which is 3 phase testing or production equipment)
• Installation and Testing of Emergency lights
• Installation and Testing of Fire Alarm systems
• Domestic Installations from single circuits to full rewires, including outdoor/garden accessories
• Commercial/Office Installations from Floor Boxes and Lights to Data cabling and new office/shop wiring
• Industrial Installations from Machinery Supply/Isolators to Main Board and Distribution Boards/Circuits
• Special Installations (as required by customers) from outdoor CCTV cameras to Hot Tubs, Sunbeds and Door Entry Systems
• Burglar Alarm Installations
• CCTV Installations
• Training customers in their new installations. Answering their questions in an easy to understand way
• Helping with documentation of our procedures so that others can learn and grow in the business quickly (as well as enabling you to keep your knowledge fresh and up to date)
We will also teach you some new skills in personal development. While this may not appear to be related to “being an Electrician”, we find that this is the key to our success and our belief of being different to the norm.
Experience of various IT solutions (Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Drive, Salesforce CRM and others) at a reasonable standard together with good written, verbal and numeric skills are highly desirable. You need to be able to think for yourself, take the initiative and enjoy a challenge. In fact you should thrive (and keep smiling) through all challenges offered, knowing that you can confidently see them through.
You’ll be based in and around Leeds (with occasional trips further afield) and you’ll be joining in and helping out at events, networking meetings, training and other “random” (and highly enjoyable) events as required.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and a friendly enjoyable working environment with the autonomy to make a real difference.
How to Apply
Apply with your CV, as well as a hand written covering letter, explaining why this sounds exactly like the opportunity you have been waiting for, and applicants that capture our imagination will be contacted shortly to hear more about this adventure, along with further details of the recruitment process.