Having over 27 years experience, means that a lot of DIY and bad workmanship has been seen in this time (in Homes, Offices and Factories!)
So it is only natural that Simon Barker has gained an Inspectors qualification in order to carry out Electrical Safety Inspections, also known commonly as Landlord Safety Inspections or (the official terminology) Periodic Inspection Reports. It is not compulsory to have this done, HOWEVER it comes down to (particularly for Landlords and Business Owners) a case of if anything happens, proving that you have done everything ‘reasonably practicable’ (as stated in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1971) to ensure that risks are lowered for tenants, occupiers, etc.
I live and work in Leeds, and so know it well from the City Centre to Kirkstall, Headingley, Beeston, Rothwell, Morley, Armley, Roundhay, Woodhouse, Chapel Allerton, Moortown, Adel and more! I am just as comfortable in or out of the city.
Call Simon for your free quote on 0113 436 0141
In addition, some people just like the peace of mind that knowing that all is safe and sound.
So it is not surprising that Simon Barker does a very detailed check to find all faults possible, so that you can sleep safely at night. The Inspection takes an average of 3 hours per 10 circuits to do correctly (so beware if yours was done in an hour!), and covers the following aspects (amongst others):
- Condition of copper in the complete wiring of all circuits (including that which cannot be seen!)
- Condition of the insulation of all circuits (to ensure it is not deteriorating to an unacceptable level)
- Ensure that ring mains circuits are wired correctly (this is usually not when this has been DIY’ed!)
- Earthing and Bonding of Gas and Water supplies, plus structural steelwork are adequate and terminated at correct place
- There are no signs of overheating (i.e. fire hazards)
- No overloading or incorrect use of accessories
- Correct accessories for the environment it is installed in
- Correct protection
- Use of RCDs and the sensitivity level of these (they deteriorate over time so should be checked)
Many other checks to ensure compliance with the Electrical Wiring Regulations BS7671
For larger checks, these are computer printed, and backed up securely online for a MINIMUM of 8 years
Call us today on 0113 436 0141
Don’t just take our word for it, see what our customers are saying about us in the Testimonials section.