“Hidden Electrical Shock and Fire Hazards are all around us in homes, shops, offices, factories. This can be prevented! …”
Looking for Domestic or Commercial Electricians in Leeds that actually turn up?
Or to get a free quote sorted within FIVE Minutes? Then read on …
Landlord Electrical Safety Certificates are issued on the same day as the inspection by S Barker electrical services after carrying out thorough inspections for Leeds and Bradford domestic/residential landlords. We have over 25 years electrical testing experience and all staff are CRB checked. In some cases these inspections are carried out because an installation was completed without Electrical Installation Certificates being issued (which usually means the installer was not an approved electrical contractor!).
The photo above is one of many examples (we have several hundred other photos) of an electrical inspection in Leeds where a safety issue was found at a stage where it had not yet caused any expensive damage (the plug was covering the burning at this point!). I am sure you can see what might have happened if this inspection had been carried out at a later date, or not at all! Had it been done earlier, a loose connection would have been identified as part of the Electrical Inspection and even the cost of a replacement socket would have been avoided! As for the cost of waiting another few months … who knows! An expensive insurance claim maybe?
The majority of electrical faults found are invisible faults – this might include:
- Loose Connections (More common on cookers, showers and other higher load circuits – an overheating risk)
- Inadequate Earthing/Bonding (Shock risk) – especially on metal lights and appliances
- Too many (usually hidden) junction boxes – each one of these increases risk of fire!
- Wrong type of lamps used for surrounding environment
- “Ring Mains” not wired up correctly (therefore risk of overloading/overheating)
- Too many sockets on one radial circuit (overloaded circuit)
- Not enough sockets for the required use (Many overheating extension leads in use!)
- Brittle/damaged/deteriorated insulation on cables (another overheating risk)
- Cables not protected adequately or ran alongside other services
- Picture hooks/nails LIVE! (We have detected many of these in Leeds alone!)
- RCD Protection not adequate or not working quickly enough to be effective
… Plus many others
The above items are not expensive to fix, especially if found at an early stage. This is why Electrical Installation Testing should be done periodically. Your Certificates will show exactly what has been found (as well as the technical information, there is a list of issues/faults found). Landlords, Commercial and Industrial property owners also relieve themselves of the liability (in the event of an Electrical Safety issue occurring) if an Electrical Inspection Certificate is shown as proof.
So contact us today for your free quote on Landlord Electrical Safety Inspections in Leeds, Bradford and all surrounding areas.