Security Cost-Cutting Tips
Whether you have recently been burgled, or just want to install some security for peace of mind, here are some tips to do this without over specifying, but without compromise on security:
1. Do not go overboard on sensors – In most cases just the downstairs areas will need to be protected, if this is where the entry and exit points are. However large windows upstairs may also be escape routes.
2. Find out how much a service will cost you, as these vary dramatically. Some installers may include the first service in the price (See link below).
3. Find an installer who will do the Electrical Installation as well as the alarm, as seperating these out will cost more.
1. Save a fortune by not specifying a monitor, as even entry level systems now connect to your home network via PC/Laptop, SmartPhones and Tablets.
2. Ensure the range of the camera is not overspecified (by ensuring an accurate measurement of the range realistically needed)
3. Do not specify too many cameras if fewer, better placed cameras will do the same job
HOWEVER do not look for a ‘cheap’ system, use reputable manufacturers and a reputable installer.
For more information on this, visit https://www.sbarker.co.uk/domestic/domestic-security.htm